👋 Hi there! I’m Ryan.
I’m a Senior Product Engineer at Fisherman based in NYC. Fisherman is pioneering the zero-effort web by making it easy for small businesses to make a beautiful website with in minutes, with no coding or design experience required.
I’m also the founder of Minsilo. Minsilo is a SaaS foundry and consultancy. Our main product is StrategyHero, which helps startup teams raise capital, develop their strategy and achieve their milestones.
- Experienced software engineer with a special focus on product engineering. I’ve been writing code professionally for the past 7 years.
- 3x startup founder with previous projects in EdTech, IoT security, and digital payments.
- Previously the 3rd hire at a real estate tech startup in Boston that now is in 93K apartment units across 34 states.
- Currently an advisor/mentor to 4 startups in healthcare, B2B SaaS, and financial services.
- “The Complete Guide to Strategic Alignment” – eBook – 2020
- Project Socrates (2022): intelligent questionnaire builder to help startups flesh out their strategy and build investor materials. Fully customize workflows without writing a single line of code. launched
- Corpora (2022): real-time block based document editor in React and using Y.js (CRDTs). launched
- Universal Alignment Tool (2022): stealth project with a focus on developing a system for using YAML files to interact with any third-party REST API, instead of individually building each integration. in progress
- StrategyHero.io (2022): designed and built our marketing website in Webflow. launched
- Scheduled Notifications (2021): bespoke scheduler that supports timezones and sends custom notifications on a user-defined schedule. launched
- Minsilo Search (2021): full text search implementation using Postgres and
- Minsilo Core pivot (2020-2021): massive refactor of an existing 50K LOC React codebase, redesigning several core features including OKRs and our strategy builder based on customer feedback.
- Fisherman (2020): automation of website generation process by creating a custom Node daemon for processing jobs posted to an SQS queue. launched
- Over the span of 2 years, I read over 100 books on startups, sales, product management, and leadership.
- I’m an early adopter of Figma, since it was the first vector graphics tool that worked on Linux that wasn’t Inkscape.
- I’ve been using Linux since 2003 and as my primary OS since 2008.
- I’m an avid distance runner training for a full marathon.
Skills & Tools
- SWE: React, Rails, Postgres, Redis, NodeJS, Django, Gatsby
- DevOps: Kubernetes, Docker, Gitlab CI, CircleCI, AWS (EKS, R53, S3, CloudFront, SES, SQS, Elastic Beanstalk, ELB)
- Technical Concepts: CI/CD, DevOps, specification writing, Lean
- Product: Agile methodology, lean hypothesis testing, roadmapping, go-to-market strategy, prioritization, user interviews
- Marketing: copywriting, SEO, keyword research
- Tools: Webstorm, Rubymine, Datagrip, Neovim, Figma, Webflow, Adobe Illustrator, UserTesting.com